Drawing the “movie scene” bath with candles and bubbles takes a little more work than we’d like. Lighting that one candle you had in the kitchen and using your child’s soap to create enough bubbles to cover yourself just doesn’t quite cut it. If you can take some extra time to prep, you will get to relax in your dream bath.
BEFORE YOUR RELAXING BATH
Clear a night
- Clear a night on your calendar to make sure that there are no other obligations for you to worry about. If you have kids arrange for your husband or family member to get them out of the house for a couple of hours. You want to make sure you get the most out of your DIY bath night.
Preparing your bath
These are just a few things you might want to consider grabbing before you slip into your nice warm bath.
- Bathrobe – make sure your softest bathrobe is within arm’s reach so that as soon as you step out of the tub there is warm embrace waiting for you.
- Soft towels – you might want to dry off a little after your luxurious soak.
- Something to read – grab a book, magazine or the latest podcast you have been listening to.
- Snacks – You can never be too prepared! In case you get the munchies put some snacks there by your tub.
Relaxing bath ideas
The little things that make all the difference!
- Candle lit bath – Grab a couple of them so that you have enough light that you can turn off the bathroom light. Also make sure they don’t have a scent. A mixture of scented candles could create an aroma that is quite unpleasant.
- Something to drink – Add a little something to the night whether it’s a glass of wine, a bottle water, or a diet coke it’s a good idea to keep a drink nearby.
- Relaxing bath music – Grab your phone or a speaker and put on some relaxing music to set the tone.
- Essential Oils – Oils are a great way to help with feelings of calmness and relaxation.
IN THE MOMENT
Draw a bath
- Herbal Mineral Bath – Adding a bit of this skin-softening bath foam to your bath will give you the bubbles you want and create an aromatherapeutic atmosphere to melt away stress and tension.
- Liquid Body Bar – Clean away the dirt and oils your skin collects throughout the day with the aromatic grapefruit scent that captures your senses.
- Epoch® Polishing Bar – While the homemade sugar scrub can work wonders it is a pain to clean up! Epoch Polishing Bar scrubs away dead skin cells leaving your body feeling cleansed and silky smooth.
- Bath Bombs – try adding a bath bomb or some bath salts to increase spa-like effect!
Sink into relaxation
- Now it is your time to relax. Forget about all the cares in the world and just focus on the water, the bubbles, the music, and the smells.
AFTER THE BUBBLE BATH
Let the relaxation continue
- Remember that bathrobe you placed next to your bath before you got in? Now is the time to throw that on and enjoy the softness against your skin.
- Epoch® Baobab Body Butter – Lather this on after the bath and enjoy smooth, supple skin all night.
- Hydrate your body – grab a cup of tea or some lemon water to replenish and hydrate your body.
Everyone deserves some time to relax and recharge. Taking a little time to prep will give you the comfort and ease of your own “movie scene” luxury bubble bath.